Princess of Wales, Kate diagnosed with cancer; Kensington Palace announces

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

London, United Kingdom: The Princess of Wales, Kate, 42, has been diagnosed with cancer. The announcement was made by the Kensington Palace on Friday amid rumours and conspiracy theories about her health.

The palace has informed general public that Princess Kate had been admitted to the hospital for abdominal surgery in January. If sources are to be believed, it has been said that she stepped back from her public duties in the same month (January 2024).

When the Princess of Wales returned from her successful surgery, the palace announced that she was currently recovering and, based on the current medical advice, that she was likely to return to her public duties after Easter. 

In Picture: The Princess of Wales, Kate. (Credits: National Times, Facebook)
In Picture: The Princess of Wales, Kate. (Credits: National Times, Facebook)

“She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private”, the Palace stated. 

They extended a vote of thanks to the medical team of The London Clinic, especially the nursing staff who did their duty dedicatedly. The Wales family expressed their gratitude to the people across the globe who wished for Princess’s recovery and good health. 

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London. At the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present”, Princess Kate remarked. 

Moreover, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex- Harry and Meghan, have also extended their wishes for Princess Kate’s good health. “Health and Healing for Catherine, Princess of Wales”, added Harry and Meghan. They even wished for her family to heal ‘Privately and in peace.’

Duke and Duchess of Sussex- Harry and Meghan. (Credits: Breaking Kenya News, Facebook)
Duke and Duchess of Sussex- Harry and Meghan. (Credits: Breaking Kenya News, Facebook)

The monarchical head of the United Kingdom, King Charles III, breaks the silence and praises the Princess of Wales for her patience and confidence after her cancer diagnosis report. 

“So proud of Catherine”, King Charles said.

The Prime Minister of UK- Rishi Sunak also took to his official Twitter handle to extend best wishes, love and support on the behalf of whole country to the Princess of Wales.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's Twitter post. (Credits: Rishi Sunak, Twitter)
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s Twitter post. (Credits: Rishi Sunak, Twitter)

The news was made to the public weeks later when Buckingham Palace announced King Charles’ cancer diagnosis. 

Many people around the world took to their social media handles (Facebook) and wished a speedy recovery for the Princess Catherine. 

“Get well soon honourable Princess Catherine. We want to see you as Queen someday soon”, quoted one FB user. 

“OMG, such shocking news. First king and now Princess. What’s wrong with royal family members. May the lord bless them and recover them very soon”, commented another. 

Ana Allen
Ana Allenhttp://writeups24.com
Anna Allen, news writer at Writeups24, is a Harvard graduate with a passion for journalism. With her keen eye for detail and insatiable curiosity, she captures the essence of global stories. Anna's writing informs and delves into cultural nuances. To reach Anna, you can email contact@writeups24.com

Advertisement

Related Articles