Saint Lucia: The Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) informed the general public of Saint Lucia that the operating hours will be extended at Port Castries and Port Vieux Fort during the holiday season.
Operating hours for the Cargo Sheds will be increased to facilitate the clearing and delivery of cargo on the following dates:
• December 16, 2022 – 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
• December 17, 2022 – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
• December 19 to 23, 2022 – 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
• December 28 to 30, 2022 – 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
• December 31, 2022 – 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
SLASPA will encourage customers to utilize the services of the appointment system for clearing personal effects. To schedule an appointment, customers should visit SLASPA’s website at www.slaspa.com or send a WhatsApp message at 285-1091.
The following items must be provided when booking an appointment:
• Bill of Lading or Delivery Order
• Customer Name
• Identification Card
• Mobile Telephone
• Vehicle Registration for pickup vehicle
Persons clearing on behalf of consignees must provide an Authorization Letter along with a copy of the National Identification Card of the consignee. Additionally, an Identification Card of the person transacting the business should also be presented. Customers without transportation can obtain this service from operators based at the port.
Customers are also advised of the following:
• ONLY book an appointment once you have received your documents from the Shipping Agents and confirmation that your cargo has been de-stuffed.
• There is a free storage period of 5 business days post-de-stuffing, of which you are advised to clear your cargo. Following this period, rent will begin to accumulate.
• Pay close attention to the location of your cargo. The appointment system now affords customers the option to book Sheds 6 and 7.
• Customers can reschedule or cancel their appointments at the bottom of their confirmation email.
Persons using the facility are expected to adhere to all port regulations. Some of these include:
• No children at the port
• One person per transaction
• Persons should be modestly dressed
• No disorderly conduct
Please note that pregnant women, elderly, sick and disabled persons are encouraged to use the services of a broker for clearing personal effects.