Saint Lucia: The Charitable Organisation HelpAWS has called ‘all animal lovers’ to join them in caring dogs and puppies in the island nation.
It took social media and stated, “Our organization is seeking to fill two positions, one for a dependable, hands-on professional to join our team in Saint Lucia and one to join us virtually from Canada or the USA.”
As per HelpAWS’ social media post the first position of Animal Care Attendant (ACA) requires hands-on work in a fast-paced environment, problem-solving skills and an ability to remain calm under pressure. A valid driver’s license is required, along with a willingness to work with all animals, including, but not limited to, dogs, cats, horses, & pigs.
Some of the responsibilities of the ACA will include medications, managing animal care, feeding, monitoring animal health, helping with the inventory of the shelter, and more. This position is open to anyone currently in Saint Lucia, who is able to get to Soufriere daily.
Furthermore, HelpAWS stated that they are also seeking a career-oriented, organized, self-motivated, Administrative Supervisor to oversee office management, accounts payable/receivable, the adoption process, booking flights and more. This position is open to candidates in Canada and the US.
According to them, the ideal candidate must be computer literate (Word, Excel, and Adobe is a plus), have excellent communication skills, able to multitask efficiently, and be organized and dependable.
Daily duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage cash flow and ensure all transactions are input and tracked accordingly
- Oversee multiple email accounts and chat groups for essential communication
- Maintain records to track the status of animals in HelpAWS care, as well as those housed at a board and train facilities, special needs fosters, etc. and ensure all bills/invoices for outsourced care are paid in a timely manner.
- Help to create reels/social media posts to highlight animals that are available for adoption, current contests/fundraising promotions, shelter happenings, etc.
- Work in tandem with the Operations Manager, Shelter Manager, Executive Director, shelter staff and remote volunteers to support the daily operational success of the shelter and HelpAWS Mission, as well as other Admin related duties as management requires.