Castries, Saint Lucia: The Education, Sustainable Development, Innovation, Science, Technology and Vocational Training Ministry has invited applications for the Saint Lucian Government Bursaries for the academic year 2023/2024 to pursue studies at some of the renowned institutions of the country.
The institutions are as follows:
• Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Southern Extension
• Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC), Castries
• Ministry of Education Post-Secondary Programme
• Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School, CAPE Programme
Additionally, the ministry informed that to be eligible for an award, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. must be a citizen of Saint Lucia;
2. has submitted an application for admission to the above institutions or is enrolled as a full-time student at any of the above-mentioned institutions;
3. maintain a 2.5 or above GPA if he/she is a continuing student at the above institutions; and
4. must be from a low-income household.
Deadline for applications to the above-mentioned institutions:
1. SALCC – April 28, 2023;
2. CAPE VFCSS – June 30, 2023;
3. Education Ministry Post Secondary – June 30, 2023.
During the time of application for the GOSL Bursary, N.B. CSEC Results are not required.
Submit Applications virtually through: http://scholarships.education.gov.lc/
a. SCAN all required documents (Ensure that all documents are legible).
b. Complete the Online Application, and upload the required documents to your online application.
c. After submitting the online application, you will receive a confirmation email.
If an individual does not receive the confirmation email after submitting the online application, he/she is requested to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or call 468-5229/5431/5434.
According to the update, the required documents are:
1. Copy of acceptance letter or copy of the transcript if applicant is a continuing student;
2. Copy of birth certificate;
3. NIC number (applicant must have obtained a NIC number);
4. Copies of relevant salary slips or job letter, where applicable; and
5. Statement of Need (which is available on the application form).
The last date for the Online Application Form submission with the required documents is July 28, 2023.