Castries, Saint Lucia: The Department of Education, Innovation and Vocational Training of Saint Lucia has recently hosted a college and career fair in 2023. The theme of the training session was “Unlocking your Potential and Opening Doors to Endless Possibilities: Creating a Path to Success.”
As per the government of Saint Lucia, the venue for the fair was the Conference Room of the Financial Administrative Centre, Pointe Seraphine, Castries. The career fair will be open on Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 6 pm and 9 am to 5 pm, respectively.
It has been anticipated that the fair will offer various opportunities to the local, regional and international institutions and agencies who will be participating. The opportunities can be listed as follows:
- Create an awareness of the various career paths and the skills and qualifications needed for certain professions;
- Market their institution and their portfolio of programmes;
- Recruit of prospective students;
- Allow experienced professionals and experts to impart knowledge on various professions to students;
- Provide guidance on financing opportunities for higher education.
- Form corporate relationships with local institutions/agencies;
- Provide participants with a good platform to network and build rapport with students and Visitors and prospective students are expected to meet one-on-one with representatives from participating institutions to get first-hand information that will assist them in:
– discovering the diversity of higher education available;
– making informed decisions about furthering their education;
– limiting the amount of time spent when searching for educational opportunities at an advanced level and money spent when applying to tertiary institutions, and
– offering career guidance sessions, which will be conducted through structured assessments of their interests, skills, values, career decisions and lifestyle preferences to ensure that they are in line with their desired career goals.
The Department has also asked the general public to come and attend the job and career fair on the specified dates and times to meet with the advisors and recruiters from the participating institutions.