Castries, Saint Lucia: The Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, Phillip J Pierre, recently attended an event celebrating the country’s Independence Anniversary. He stated that the government had launched the Independence 44 Calendar of Activities.
As per the recent update, the Prime Minster shared the schedule of the Independence 44 calendar during his recent visit to the Independence Launch show on January 30, where he stated that the activities commencing from January 30 to March 12, 2023.
In his remarks, Prime Minister Phillip J Pierre further shared the details of the activities along with the schedule, locations, date and times, which read as follows:
• On February 5, the start of the Independence Baton Relay will be organized at Castries South.
• On February 16 and 17, The Business Expo and Independence Village will take place at Constitution Park and Derek Walcott Square from 10 am to 6 pm.
• On Friday morning, February 17, the Praise and Worship Ecumenical Service will be held at the Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (Cathedral) at 9:30 am.
• The activities will hold the 41st National Sports Award ceremony at Royalton Resort on Saturday, February 18.
• Legacy Calypso will be organized at National Culture Centre on February 18, Saturday.
• Independence Service Mass will take place on February 18 and 19 at All Denominations.
• On Monday, February 20, National Colours Day will be organized islandwide.
• Schools Rallies islandwide will also commence on February 20 and 21 at the Government House.
• Raising of the Flag and Fireworks Display will take place at Castries, Soufriere, and Vieux Fort on Tuesday, February 21.
• On Wednesday, February 22, the Military Parade will commence at The Saab.
• National Independence Rally will also occur on February 22 at Castries Waterfront at 1 pm.
• Carenage Craze will be organized at Castries Waterfront on February 22, around 3 pm.
• Furthermore, on Thursday, February 23, Independence Lecture will take place at Finance Administrative Centre around 7:30 pm.
• In the end, Investiture Ceremony will be organized at the Government House on Sunday, March 12.
In his statement, Prime Minister Phillip J Pierre urged the people of Saint Lucia to participate in the activities and stated, “There is something for everyone, be sure to participate”.