Castries, Saint Lucia: Millennium Heights Medical Complex of Saint Lucia invited applications from suitably qualified persons for employment in the post of DOMESTIC ASSISTANT (MALE) at the Millennium Heights Medical Complex.
The description of the vacancy is as follows:
A. OBJECTIVE AND RELATIONSHIP
• Perform routine tasks in terms of cleaning all the areas as assigned by the housekeeping supervisor.
• Required to carry out activities as instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Doctors and Nurses in the various Wards and Departments as instructed.
B. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Regular cleaning of the Wards, ICU’s, Passages and other areas as assigned by the supervisor.
• Clearing all the bins and following the waste segregation practices.
• Carry linen to the laundry as required.
• Assist Nurses and Doctors as and when required.
• Maintain good hygiene practices.
• Clean and service wheelchairs and stretchers.
• Complete the assigned works as assigned by the housekeeping supervisor.
• Transport expired items from the various inpatient departments including intravenous fluids, medicines, and expired supplies.
• Clean and sanitize all toilets, showers, sinks, wash basins, mirrors, lockers, lamp shades and bedside tables.
• Ensure the checklist is filled after cleaning the area.
• Collect clean linen for distribution in the wards and collect and put the dirty linen in the designated area.
• Follow the schedule that has been laid down and carry out activities in a timely and organized manner.
• Assist in providing and supply of linen to the designated areas in a timely manner.
• Ensure handwash practices are carried out at regular intervals.
• Perform any related duties assigned.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to build strong relationships and work as part of inter-disciplinary teams.
• Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow instructions carefully and precisely.
• Keen eye for detail and hazard perception.
D. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• School leaving Certificate
• Should be able to speak, read and write English
• Freshers can also apply.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. When submitting your application, please indicate the title of the position which you are applying for in the SUBJECT LINE. Interested persons are invited to submit a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, along with certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications, plus two (2) recent references via email [email protected] and addressed to:
- Senior Manager – Human Resources
- Millennium Heights Medical Complex
- Millennium Highway
- Castries, Saint Lucia
- The deadline to send applications is February 9, 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.