Dominica welcomes its first Seabourn Odyssey at Woodbridge Bay Port on Tuesday
Tourism Minister Denise Charles said that their priority during all of the discussions had always been about the health and safety of citizens of Dominica as well as passengers
27th of July 2021

After a year, Dominica welcomes its first Seabourn Cruise Line vessel, MV Odyssey, at Woodbridge Bay. The cruise came with approximately 135 passengers on board. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, after a year, the cruise arrived in Dominica.
According to Tourism Minister Denise Charles, the COVID-19 cruise protocols that have been approved by the government should be followed strictly. According to this, only vaccinated passengers would be allowed to arrive on the island and proceed for tours on the island.
Tourism Minister Denise Charles said that although cruise activities had been halted due to the Covid-19 restrictions since March 2020, many conferences were held between the ministry and cruise lines such as Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean to start the cruise activities again Dominica.
Tourism Minister Denise Charles said that their priority during all of the discussions had always been about the health and safety of citizens of Dominica as well as passengers the approved Covid-19 protocols for Dominica and to strengthen the strict adherence to measures such as temperature checks, hand sanitization, mask-wearing, safe distancing.
Minister Denise Charles while explaining that based on the Ministry of Health protocols, only those who have been certified would be permitted to communicate with cruise visitors and only organized or pre-sold tours would be permitted as maintaining social distancing while the visitors are enjoying their rides and the experience of nature island.
This has been the first tour at the Woodbridge Bay Port for the summer season of 2021. Similarly, the tours have been scheduled for the Roseau Cruise Terminal. Minister Charles said all the taxi drivers, vendors, braiders, tour operators and others, those would be interacting with the passengers and the safe corridor established. The passengers should be getting the same Dominican hospitality for which Dominica’s people are known.
Minister Charles said that their priority during all of the discussions had always been about the health and safety of Dominica’s citizens and passengers.
Latest
- Tobago to wrap up Cruise Season 2024-2025 with arrival of four vessels in April
-
St. Kitts and Nevis announces 22-member squad for CARIFTA 2025 -
Jamaica Carnival 2025: A spectacle of color, music and culture returns -
St. Kitts prepares for busy April 2025, set to welcome 23 cruise ships -
UNC Leader Kamla Persad Pledges $1M fund to support families of fallen private security officers
Related Articles

3rd of April 2025

3rd of April 2025



2nd of April 2025

2nd of April 2025