Montserrat: The Government of Montserrat, on May 27, 2022 (Friday), awarded three recipients under the Small Business Relief Fund following the commencement of the programme on May 19, 2022 (Thursday).
Premier and Minister of Finance Joseph E Farrell made the presentation to the first set of awardees.
The recipients are:
1. John Buffonge – Bobo Meat & Vegetable Shop;
2. Gertrude Ryan – Treasure Spot Roadside Café and
3. John Fergus- The People’s Place at Hill Top was the awardee
The Small Business Relief Fund (SBRF) has been developed by the Government of Montserrat (GoM) to provide financial relief to businesses still being impacted negatively by the economic downturn brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and who may not be able to access the funds under the Enterprise Development Scheme (EDS).
The Fund was administered by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MoFEM). Applications are still being accepted.
The eligibility criteria of the same are as follows:
- A business is eligible for a maximum grant of EC$5000.00.
- Applicants must complete a simple application form at the Ministry of Finance indicating what the funds are being used for, attach a quotation for the item from the seller, and submit it to the Enterprise Development Scheme Officer – Agatha Aspin or at the Ministry of Finance.
- If the applicant received funding under the Enterprise Development Scheme, he/she would not be eligible for this grant.
As per the government, this funding cannot be used to purchase motor vehicles or related expenses, items for resale, pay utility bills or import duties.