St George’s, Grenada: The Government of Grenada has extended helping hands towards the students of the country by granting them Economic Cost Scholarships. The scholarships will be available for Grenadian nationals who are looking forward to pursuing Bachelor’s Degrees.
The Government informed the general public through social media and mentioned, “The Government of Grenada, in collaboration with the University of the West Indies, is offering Economic Cost scholarships to interested Grenadian nationals who wish to pursue Bachelor’s Degrees on campus.”
The deadline for the application is July 15, 2023, according to the Grenadines Government.
The Government has further informed the public (interested candidates) about the economic cost that will cover the tuition cost ONLY for the following:
Cave Hill Campus, Barbados – 66% tuition ONLY
Mona Campus, Jamaica – 80% tuition ONLY
St Augustine Campus, Trinidad – 80% tuition ONLY
The eligibility criteria for the same were also shared by the authorities. As per the Government, the applicants must:
• First, apply to the University for acceptance
• Be citizens of Grenada
In addition to this, scholarship package requirements are the following:
• Scholarship application form (sent by request via email)
• Two (2) references
• Certified copy of the birth certificate and/or passport bio-data page
• Certified copies of all academic certificates
• Official transcript
• Acceptance letter
• One passport-size photograph
• Personal Essay (maximum of 500 words detailing your career goal(s) and how it can be of benefit to you and Grenada)
The Government of Grenada also outlined some key points related to the application, which can are as follows:
1. Economic Cost Scholarship does not cover Medical programmes
2. Certificates can be certified at the Examination Unit of the Ministry of Education
Kindly submit one (1) copy of all required documents to the Human Resource Development Division/Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture on or before July 15, 2023.