The Cricket West Indies Senior Men’s Selection Panel today announced the squad for West Indies “A” team for their upcoming tour against South Africa.
The wicket-keeper/ batsman, Joshu Da Silva, has again been nominated as Captain for the upcoming three four-day “Test” series against South Africa, following the victory of West Indies “A” in the series in Bangladesh earlier this year.
The other wicket-keeper/ batsman, Tevin Imlach, has been named as the vice-captain.
In their squad of 14 members, the team includes those five players who already have an experience of playing Test matches:
– Da Silva
– Tagenarine Chanderpaul, batsman
– Jayden Seales, batsman
– Sherman Lewis, fast bowler
– Kirk McKenzie, fast bowler
In the West Indies “A” team, three newcomers have also been included, namely:
– Kevlon Anderson, the right-handed batsman
– Shamar Joseph, fast bowler
– Allrounder, Abhijai Mansingh
All these newcomers made their first-class debut earlier this year.
The Team Management of the team include:
Head Coach: Andre Coley
Assistant coaches for the tour, namely:
– Jimmy Adams, the former West Indies Test Captain
– The former Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait.
– Dwain Gill
Strength & Conditioning Coach:
– Asia Joseph
– Barrington Gayle
The full squad selected for the tour against South Africa:
– Kevlon Anderson
– Kavem Hodge
– Shermon Lewis
– Kevin Sinclair
– Jayden Seales
– Jair McAllister
– Kevlon Anderson
– Abhijai Mansingh
– Kirk McKenzie
– Zachary McCaskie
– Shamar Joseph
– Akeem Jordan
– Tangenarine Chanderpaul
– Joshua Da Silva
– Tevin Imlach
The schedule of the West Indies team against South Africa:
– From 21 to 24 November, the series will be played at Willowmoore Park, Benoni.
– The second series will be conducted from 28 November to 4 December at Buffalo Park, East London.
– The final series will be conducted at Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, from 5 to 8 December.
Dr Desmond Haynes, the lead selector of West Indies team, stated that they picked players with the perspective of giving them more exposure in overseas conditions.
While praising the current squad, he stated that Da Silva did an outstanding job as Captain in the ‘Tests’ in Bangladesh.
Mansingh showed his skill and progress through the first-class quality of his bat and ball added by him.
He also praised Joseph and stated that the young fast bowler impressed everyone with his genuine pace.