St Vincent and the Grenadines: On the request of the employees, the decision has been taken to suspend the employee or workplace COVID-19 testing for both vaccinated and unvaccinated ones. The Ministry of Health and Wellness made the announcement.
The Caribbean island has recorded a total of 6,247 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 vaccine, while around 84 citizens of St Vincent and the Grenadines lost their lives to the contagious virus.
St Vincent and the Grenadines recorded its 84th and the first death of a fully vaccinated individual due to COVID-19 pneumonia on January 6, 2022, of a 67-year-old woman. The lady was admitted to the hospital for more than a week following the illness.
The Ministry of Health so far has administered a total of 61,198 doses of the COVID-19 vaccines. Meanwhile, in terms of the COVID-19 vaccination, there are a total of 33 494 individuals who received their first dose of the vaccine and are now partially inoculated, till now. This figure counts for 30.2 percent of the islands’ total population.
On the other hand, there are a total of 26,244 individuals in St Vincent and the Grenadines who have received their required number of the WHO-approved vaccine jabs and are now completely immunised, which counts for 23.7 percent of the total population.
In addition, the citizens Vincent and the Grenadines of St Vcan visit the various private sector testing sites, which are as follows:
- Arnos Vale Walk-in Clinic – (Rapid Antigen Tests)
- AEM Diagnostic – (Rapid Antigen Tests)
- Palm Island Resort – (RT-PCR testing)
- Bequia Beach Hotel – (RT-PCR testing)
- Caribbean Reference Lab – (both RT-PCR & Rapid Antigen tests)
- Sigma Laboratories – (RT-PCR & Rapid Antigen tests)
- Health Solutions Inc – (Rapid Antigen Tests)
- Integrated Medical Clinic – (Rapid Antigen Tests)
- Advance Health – (Rapid Antigen Tests)
- Mandarin Hotel – (RT-PCR testing)