Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis: Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis, Dr Terrance Drew, participated in an interview in which he recounted the accomplishments done by St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party (SKNLP). He highlighted the achievements through various key points. The Government of St Kitts and Nevis has shared the update regarding the special interview with PM Drew through a social media post.
The Prime Minister of the Federation highlighted the following points:
- Deep cleaning is being done at Cardin Home to improve overall aesthetics
2. The Government actively seeking a site for a new modernized JNF General Hospital National Health Insurance Plan remains a priority of the Government.
3. InterCaribbean Airways to commence flights into The Federation from Barbados and Puerto Rico to St Kitts.
4. Payments made to close to 5,000 Poverty Alleviation Programme (PAP)
- 346 unemployed persons
- 277 – Households with persons with disabilities
- 1.898- Household headed by seniors (persons 60 years and older)
- 2,173 – Low income employees
5. Government Initiates Process to Reduce Student Loans down to five percent (5%)
In addition to this, in another special interview, PM Terrance Drew mentioned that Cardin Home has deployed ten elderly care assistants to provide service to the residents and citizens of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis. The centre welcomed the assistants after they completed their elderly care certificate course at the Division of Health Sciences’ Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (CFBC).
The healthcare facility will celebrate its 96 years of service in May 2023. The Cardin Home has been regarded as one of the primary elderly care facilities in the twin-island nation. The Government has always praised the centre for its continuous growth and evolution towards a better future. It has also assured that it will hire new staff and healthcare workers who will surely provide and offer the highest level of care and assistance to the St Kittitians and Nevisians.