St Kitts and Nevis: The Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Public Utilities of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis – Konris Maynard, visited SKELEC – St. Kitts Electricity Co. Ltd for the inaugural purpose on August 19, 2022.
The Deputy Prime Minister expressed gratitude towards the team of SKELEC and stated, “I am excited to be joining the SKELEC family and look forward to the work we can do together.”
Furthermore, he also mentioned that it was his pleasure this past week for the first four days on the job to have introductory meetings with staff, and tour the facilities at the some of the SKELEC’ departments/ sections, such as
– Administration Offices of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Utilities located at Needmust
– Water Services Department located at Needsmust
– Public Works Department on Wellington Road
– Vehicle Maintenance Department at Needsmust
– The Post Office
– The Quarry at Canada Industrial Estate
– The Roads Department at Canada Industrial Estate
– SKELEC Administration offices on Central Street
– SKELEC Transmission and Distribution Department at Needsmust
– SKELEC Power Station at Needsmust
– SKELEC Audit and Communications Department at Needsmust
– Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Center at Paul Southwell Industrial Park
Additionally, he mentioned, “I have already had critical initial update meetings with Public Works Department, Water Services Department, and SKELEC about ongoing projects and important issues and challenges.”
“I was also able to participate in my first Regional Meeting as your Minister of Energy at a Virtual OECS Council of Ministers meeting on Energy with the theme, ‘Accelerating Our Energy Security for Continued Growth and Resilience’,” he stated while expressing his gratitude.
“There is a lot to accomplish but our new energetic Government is up to the task,” Deputy PM Konris Maynard concluded.