Saint Lucia: Southern Flying Fish – Swim Club in Southern Saint Lucia has extended thanks towards the organisations and people who have contributed to making 2022 a successful year. While extending thanks towards them all, it stated that it would be remiss if they did not extend thanks towards the people and organisations behind the success in 2022.
It added that “so we take the opportunity to thank the following”:
1. Our Swimmers – Your tenacity can never be measured; as a matter of fact, it cannot even be matched. You carry your SFF torch with honour and dignity. You have fought so hard and we are proud to have you as our SFF ambassadors.
2. Coach Sherma – Thank you for sticking with us against all odds. We are grateful for the sacrifices you make daily, and we appreciate you for it.
3. Coach Andy – It is good to welcome you back. We look forward to working with you for the development and betterment of our swimmers. Thank you for your service in 2022.
4. Mrs Deborah Tobierre – We are grateful to you, your family and your business True Value Hardware, for the support to our club throughout 2022 and the many, many years before. It is only because of the invaluable assistance that our swimmers stand a fighting chance. We simply and humbly say Thank You.
5. Coconut Bay Resort and Spa – We are grateful for your support of our club throughout 2022. It is only because of this support through the use of your pool as well as donations that our swimmers stand a chance at competing. We simply and humbly say Thank You.
6. Mr Linton Delaire – Uncle Linton, I bet you did not know you had so many nieces and nephews. We at Southern Flying Fish wish to take some time out to simply say “Thank You”. For opening up, you home to us when we have long weekend meets. You have given us so much, and we are indeed grateful. May God continue to bless you abundantly.
7. Mrs Lorna Ambrose – We are grateful for your support of our club throughout 2022. It is only because of your dedication that we can remain viable and successful. Please know that your support in our fundraising efforts does not go unnoticed.
8. Donors and Sponsors – You made the dream of four young ladies possibly to represent their country at the Goodwill Swim Meet in Trinidad and Tobago in 2022. Thank you can never be enough, but we still say it. Thank you to The Oliva Gobart Fund, Heineken Saint Lucia, Jannou Credit Union, Sean Emmanuel, Mon Repos Credit Union, Coconut Bay Resort and Spa, Laborie Credit Union, WINERA, Auto Specialist, Southern Taxi Company and the public who supported our fundraising efforts.
9. SFF Executive Body (past and present) – Thank you for keeping it all together regardless of the circumstances. The club has made it into its 20th year; that is all on you. You never gave up, even when it seemed like a one-man show.
10. Our Parents – This swim family would be incomplete without you in it. To the old members, thank you for sticking around; to our newbies, thank you for choosing us. We know you all had a choice, but you chose us. We are humbled.
11. Mr Eddie Hazle – Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to celebrate our swimmers’ achievements in 2022 with us. We know first-hand the nature of the journey. We are grateful and thankful to the SLAF Executive for their support these past years and look forward to new developments in the south.
12. Swim Fraternity – Thank you for your encouragement at swim meets when our numbers are too small in the stands to be heard. Thank you for embracing our swimmers as your own in your practice sessions. We look forward to even greater collaborations.