Five people have been apprehended and charged in connection with a Burglary at the Courts of Chaussee Road, Castries, Saint Lucia on Thursday, 9th November 2023 around 4:00 am.
The officials of the Criminal Investigation Department received a report and took immediate action on this matter.
The officers detained four male suspects including a young man.
Consequently, the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force executed many search warrants and they found the following items:
- Illegal Firearm
- Few quantities of cocaine
Being illegal, these items were seized by investigators immediately and processed as evidence.
The ranked officials of the Saint Lucia filed charges against the arrested people, the charges include:
The culprits were charged for the offence of Burglary on Saturday 11th November 2023 namely:
- Delbert Martial, a resident of Wilton’s Yard, Castries who is twenty-four-year-old.
- Twenty-seven-year-old Che Polius who is also known as “Sick”, hailing from Monchy, Gros-Islet.
Both of them were remanded to the Bordelais Correction Facility.
- Devaughn Jn Charles, who is also known as “Blue”, a resident of Morne Du Don, Castries. The twenty-seven-year-old was also charged for the offence of burglary.
Bail was granted to him under certain conditions including:
- A sum of ten thousand dollars in cash
- Suitable surety
- Other conditions for obtaining bail
The young man from Castries also got charged for the offence of Burglary, subsequently he was remanded to a juvenile detention facility.
On Sunday, 12th November 2023 one more person was arrested:
Amy Albertinie resident of Rose Hill, Castries was apprehended for the possession of controlled drugs and handling stolen goods. The twenty-four-year-old was then taken to the Magistrate’s Court and he was granted the bail.
He was also given bail under certain requirements:
- He had to pay a sum of nine thousand dollars.
- Suitable surety
- The other conditions mentioned in the bail.
Moreover, just a month back, The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force conducted a joint operation within the Central Division and executed a search warrant and arrested two individuals.
The two individuals were arrested for the possession of:
- Seventeen rounds of .22 calibre ammunition
- 1 round of .40 calibre ammunition
- 12-gauge ammunition
All in all, Royal Saint Lucia Police Force is making every effort to ensure the safety of the citizens of the nations.