Castries, Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia Athletics Association congratulated the team of Saint Lucia for securing the second rank at the Windward Island Games Track and Field Championship. In addition to this, the association also wished good luck to the team for the remaining sports event.
Through social media, the association shared, “Team St Lucia was 2nd at the Windward Island Games Track and Field Championships. Congratulations, team, and good luck in the remaining sports.”
Furthermore, it also shared the highlights of the event and counted the victories of the Saint Lucian athletes. According to the update shared, the athletes of the Caribbean country have secured a winning position in around ten (10) sporting events.
The achievements of the athletes are noted below:
- On the female side, Naomi London led the charge, winning double gold medals with a personal best in the 100 m of 11.62 seconds and a Games record of 23.76 seconds in the 200 m.
- Naya Jules won gold in the women’s Javelin with a throw of 40.96 m.
- Lizzy Dorvius cleared 1.58 m for silver in the high jump. She also jumped 4.92 m for bronze in the long jump.
- Clediana DeRose won silver in the 100 m in 12.14 seconds.
- Sierratina Hilaire ran 58.85 seconds for bronze in the 400 m.
- In the relays, Team St Lucia was 2nd in the 4×100 m in 48.17s. They also ran 4:20.92 for 3rd in the 4×400 m.
- On the male side, Cagini Pilgrim was a double gold medalist in the 100 m and 200 m in 10.63 seconds and 21.44 seconds.
- Kadeem Larcher was 3rd in the 100 m in 10.76 seconds.
- Josh Hunt launched the Javelin 53.43 m for second. Sydney Didier won bronze in the shot put with a throw of 11.26 m.
- The boys claimed victories in both the relays, running 42.69 seconds in the 4×100 m and 3:28.90 in the 4×400 m.