The COVID-19 vaccination schedule has been released by the Barbados Ministry of Health for Monday, 8, 2021. The Ministry noted that jabs of Pzifer, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccine would be available at the Vaccination centres across the island country.
Following is the schedule for today’s vaccination –
Vaccination Centres –
- Sharon Moravian Church Hall, Sharon, St. Thomas – 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Eunice Gibson Polyclinic, Warrens, St. Michael – 9 am to 3:30 pm.
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Mile-and-a-Quarter, St. Peter – 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Masonic Centre, Salters, St. George – 10 am to 2:30 pm.
- Christ Church Parish Church Hall, Church Hill, Christ Church – 10 am to 2:30 pm.
Schedule for Community Engagement Sites –
- Springer Memorial Secondary School, Government Hill, St. Michael – 10 am to 5 pm.
- St. Philip Primary School, Church Village, St. Philip – 1 to 7 pm.
The children between the age group of 12 to 18 years may visit any centre or pop-up clinic to receive their jabs of the Pfizer vaccine. While the individuals who are willing to take their first jabs of the COVID-19 vaccine are required to come along with their identification cards at the vaccination centres.
Those who are eligible for receiving their second dose are also required to bring their blue vaccination card. Booster shots for the AstraZeneca vaccine will also be available at all of the sites for individuals who are of 18 years and older who had their second injection six months ago or longer.
As per the statistics, till now, there are around a total of 149,355 individuals who have received their first jab of the COVID-19 vaccine, which is around 52 % of its total population. While around 44.5% of Barbados population, that is, 127,847 individuals, have received their second jabs of the COVID-19 vaccine and are now fully vaccinated.