St George’s, Grenada: The Planning and Development Authority of Grenada is accepting applications from qualified youth of Grenada. Recently, the authority has shared update regarding the ‘Accounts Officer.’ Details such as key responsibilities, qualification and requirements have been shared and it has appealed the interested Grenadians to submit application to apply for the mentioned job role.
Accordingly, the applications should be submitted before or on Wednesday, 23rd March 2023.
The update by the authority informed:
The accounts officer generally performs billing and accounting responsibilities for an organization. Their duties include supporting accounts receivable, accounts payable and reconciliations, acting as a cashier to verify receipts and deposits, and preparing and maintaining records, among other job obligations.
The Accounts Officer is responsible for maintaining accounts and providing support for the accounting, finance, and sales departments. They may also be responsible for payroll or maintaining vendor accounts and processing procurement requests for goods and services. Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Bookkeeping and general accounting.
• Assembling, sorting, tabulating codes, as well as filing data.
• Processing orders, verifying claims and deposit slips.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Operating office equipment, including data terminals and calculators.
• Creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
• Invoicing and reconciliation for varying departments.
• Performing clerical work and interoffice support such as receiving and processing mail.
• Maintaining and promoting excellent vendor relations.
• Account Clerks must know about a comprehensive understanding of bookkeeping and accounting practices, along with strong communication skills and the following:
• Ability to deal with the principles as well as procedures of bookkeeping, along with record-keeping.
• Business-level English language, both verbal and written, knowledge.
• Accuracy in accounting.
• Ability to foster as well as maintain business and client relationships.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office.
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting or any related accounting field.
• Be proficient in MS Office Suite and other Microsoft software application tools.
• Have a working knowledge of accounting systems and software such as QuickBooks.
• Have strong internet research skills and be comfortable with contemporary social networking modalities; comfort with the navigation of web-based meetings will be viewed as an asset.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Works well in a team and is willing to work purposefully with others towards project goals.
• Have a positive work ethic, strong time management skills and be able to meet agreed targets.
• Be trustworthy with sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Have personal, professional deportment.