11 Venezuelans drown during their way to Trinidad and Tobago
The Coast Guard said it received notice from Venezuelan officials that eleven bodies had been recovered from the rivers close to the Venezuelan coastal town of Guiria. Nine other bodies have still not been accounted for. The vessel, according to preliminary data, departed Guiria on December 6 with more than 20 people on board. According […]
18th of December 2020

The Coast Guard said it received notice from Venezuelan officials that eleven bodies had been recovered from the rivers close to the Venezuelan coastal town of Guiria.
Nine other bodies have still not been accounted for. The vessel, according to preliminary data, departed Guiria on December 6 with more than 20 people on board.
According to the Coast Guard, the people have not been seen or heard from that day.
Coast Guard officials have said that the Rescue Coordination Center has since finished assets as part of a joint search effort with Venezuelan authorities.
The Coast Guard added that it also proceeds to provide border security services at the time of the threat of COVID-19 to “maintain the safety and security of Trinidad and Tobago during the conduct of shore security patrols within our area of orders”.
Latest
- Tobago to wrap up Cruise Season 2024-2025 with arrival of four vessels in April
-
St. Kitts and Nevis announces 22-member squad for CARIFTA 2025 -
Jamaica Carnival 2025: A spectacle of color, music and culture returns -
St. Kitts prepares for busy April 2025, set to welcome 23 cruise ships -
UNC Leader Kamla Persad Pledges $1M fund to support families of fallen private security officers
Related Articles

3rd of April 2025

3rd of April 2025



2nd of April 2025

2nd of April 2025