Montserrat: DMCA closely monitors Tropical Disturbance at the Windward Islands

Montserrat: DMCA closely monitors Tropical Disturbance at the Windward Islands

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Montserrat: DMCA closely monitors Tropical Disturbance 2 (Yellow) several hundred miles east of the Windward Islands with a very less chance of development over the next five (5) days as it tracks westward.

Yellow Hill – Sunday, 2 October 2022 – The Disaster Management Coordination Agency, DMCA is closely monitoring Tropical Disturbance 2 (yellow), located several hundred miles east of the Windward Islands, with a low chance of development in 48 hours and over the next five days. Currently, the system is not a threat to Montserrat, and no watches or warnings are issued for the island.

In the 8 AM Tropical Outlook, the National Hurricane Center states that Tropical Disturbance 2, located several miles east of the Windward Islands, has increased over the past day. Some gradual system development is possible during the next few days while it generally moves westward at 15 to 20 mph. The system has a 10% chance of formation in the next two days and a 20 percent chance of development in the next five days.

Tropical Disturbance 1 is located several hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions are forecast to be favourable for some gradual development during the next several days. A tropical depression might form during the early or middle part of next week while the system moves westward, then turns northwestward or northward toward the end of the week over the eastern tropical Atlantic. The system has a 30% chance of formation in the next two days and a 70 percent development chance in the next five days.

The Disaster Management Coordination Agency, DMCA, encourages residents and visitors to continue monitoring the DMCA and be prepared.

The Disaster Management Coordination Agency, DMCA, will continue to monitor Tropical Disturbances 1 and 2 and will provide regular updates as information is released from the NHC and the Antigua and Barbuda Meteorological Services.