Grenada: The government has recently announced the CPEA transfer procedures 2022 and informed about the Grounds for a Transfer Request.
The transfers will only be allowed under the following strictly adhered to grounds:
For a student to be transferred (from the first school assigned to another), at least one of the following criteria must be met:
a) Availability of Space: in accordance with the 1:35 teacher-to-pupil ratio.
b) Vacated Space: where a student has vacated an assigned placement at the school for which a transfer is requested.
c) Other Special Conditions: Hinged on a) and b), but not limited to where the following conditions apply:
• Medical and/or Psychological Conditions: underlying conditions with proven history and records.
• Change in Residence: Where the student now resides closer to the preferred school (proof required).
Procedures for a Transfer Request
Transfers: The following procedures will apply when requesting transfers
1. Parents or guardians shall apply for transfer electronically via the following link: https://form.jotform.com/213265617572862.
2. The application form should be completed by 1st July 2022.
3. The application will be reviewed by a CPEA Transfer Committee (comprised of the manager, the principal and the vice-principal of the school) chaired by the principal.
4. The school’s CPEA Transfer Committee will meet and submit its recommendations to the Ministry of Education through the Office of the Chief Education Officer no later than two (2) weeks after the results are published.
5. Principals would send all recommendations for transfers to the Ministry of Education through the Office of the Chief Education Officer for final approval.
6. All recommendations for transfers shall be forwarded to the Planning, Research & Development Unit through the Office of the Chief Education Officer for documentation and collating, which must be done within two (2) business days following receipt.
7. All recommendations shall then be forwarded to the Ministry’s CPEA Oversight Committee (comprised of Chief Education Officer, DCEO- Testing & Measurement; DCEO-School Administration; Senior Planning Officer) for transfer review and decisions.
8. Transfers will only be granted after the Ministry of Education has reviewed and officially documented the transfer decision.
9. Immediately following the review and decisions, the following steps shall be taken
a) For all approved transfers, the parent or guardian shall be notified in writing by the Office of the Chief Education Officer so that all requisite steps are followed.
b) For all denied transfers, the parent or guardian shall be notified in writing by the Office of the Chief Education Officer so that all requisite steps are followed.
• The Ministry of Education will not accept any hard copies of completed transfer forms from parents, and accordingly, parents must refrain from making their requests physically at the Examination Unit.
• Parents who do not have access to electronic means of submission can contact the Educational Testing and Measurement Unit via telephone: 440-2791 or 440-2737 Ext: 27004 to assist with the same.
• Late submission of transfer forms and incomplete forms will not be considered.
• Based on students’ performance and the number of students placed in the school of their first choice, some schools have already met their capacity.
Therefore, the Ministry of Education will not allow transfer to schools where the class size is already at its maximum.