Antigua and Barbuda: Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Live has shared an update regarding the commemoration of Tourism Week in the twin-island nation. The event will be organised after a break of two years due to the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.
The week will start on December 3 and end on December 11, 2022. The theme of the event will be “One Team, One Vision”. Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Live has informed that the event was launched through ABS TV’s Antigua and Barbuda Today Morning Show in collaboration with government and private tourism stakeholders.
The schedule announced by the organisation is as follows:
1. Service of Thanksgiving will be hosted on December 3, 2022
2. Charity Golf Tournament will be played on December 4, 2022
3. You for a Day and School Tour will be organised on December 5, 2022
4. Tourism Blast Off will be organised on December 6, 2022
5. Barbuda Day will be hosted on December 7, 2022
6. Taste of Wadadli will be hosted on December 9, 2022
7. The Tourism Awards Gala will be organised on December 11, 2022 (the last day of the event)
The Tourism and Investment Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, Charles Fernandez, while expressing his pleasure, stated that the ministry is glad to organise the event as it will serve as a celebration of the industry that benefits the entire population and represents 70 percent of Antigua and Barbuda’s Gross Domestic Product.
In recent times, Antigua and Barbuda has been putting much effort into organising such events. Recently, Antigua and Barbuda Yachting and Marine Association announced that the first-event ABYMA Industry Expo, will be celebrated in the nation on November 9 and 10 at the National Sailing Academy. The event will focus on making the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda aware of the various elements of the yachting industry. It will come to know about the career opportunities within it.