St Vincent and Grenadines would be welcoming 224 cruises in this summer season. These calls of 224 cruises have come after about 1 year of no work and no cruise to their island.
The first cruise will be arriving at the Port Elizabeth till next month on August 7. Minister of Tourism Carlos James said that the cruise hoping to call every other Saturday until October
Minister of Tourism Carlos James said that there had been the early stages and they were expecting to see more calls being added to St. Vincent and the Grenadines as a destination. They expect additional calls, and, of course, that was subject to, as he stated very early, the alert related to what happens with COVID-19, both locally and internationally.
Minister Carlos James said that they could be announcing that day, and for the next four, five months, they would be announcing that they had to go back to the drawing board because of some development in the international market. There was limited movement of people that would affect cruise calls to their destination. But, so far, they had roughly 224 calls listed for St. Vincent and the Grenadines during the season.
Minister Carlos James said that they had to obviously prepare as to how they handle the season, how they ensure that safety remains the most critical word in all of the operations to ensure that COVID-19 is really something that all could contain and they could handle as it relates to the destination.
He assigned Chief Medical Officer Dr Simone Keizer-Beache, his team at the Ministry of Tourism, and the COVID-19 Taskforce to develop the protocols that would allow for the safe resumption of “early cruise” to the destination.
Minister Carlos James said that they had been working very hard to make sure that they had made this a reality and that they don’t further delay the cruise calls to St. Vincent and the Grenadines.