Haiti’s Ombudsman asks PM Henry to resign after his failure to clear the air on Moise’s murder night
Citizen Protection office of Haiti on Monday posted a video in which they are demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister Ariel Henry after he was told to present in front of the authorities to interview him regarding the assassination case of President Jovenel Moise.
14th of September 2021
Haiti: Citizen Protection office of Haiti on Monday posted a video in which they are demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister Ariel Henry after he was told to present in front of the authorities to interview him regarding the assassination case of President Jovenel Moise.
Attorney Renan Hedouville, who currently is directing the ombudsman-like office, has stated that the Prime Minister should appear at the public prosecutor’s office and shed light on the matter as per the proofs he has been alleged for having a conversation with the key suspect of the case just after the few hours of President’s killing.
The Attorney also described the decision of the prosecutor as – ‘courageous and objective’. With this, he also called the international communities to stop supporting the Prime Minister.
Following the statement, he emphasized that every citizen along with them would love to know the conversation that happened between the key suspect – Joseph Badio and PM Henry. He also called Badio as a fugitive who worked at Haiti’s ministry of justice and at the government’s anti-corruption unit until he was fired in the month of May following the accusations of violating.
“The Prime Minister cannot continue in his post without clearing up these dark areas. He must wash away all the suspicion created among the people,” said Attorney Hedouville.
In addition, the Justice Minister of Haiti – Rockfeller Vincent, published a letter to the Chief National Police in which he is demanding more security for Claude as he has been receiving death threats for the past few days.
Last week a tweet was also made by the Justice Minister in which he asserted that “The people I do not identify are attempting to control the Haitian judges, prosecutors and the other officials to assist cover-up for those involved in the killing.”
So far, around 40 suspects have been arrested by the Haitian Police authorities, which includes 18 Colombian soldiers, while the authorities are yet seeking other key suspects of the case.
Latest
- St Vincent and the Grenadines to host Logos Hope Book Fair in December
-
Belize City Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Sponsored by Coca-Cola Kicks Off Holiday Season -
PM Roosevelt Skerrit reviews major road, housing and school upgrades in Southern Dominica -
BBC Travel names Dominica as "Best Caribbean Holiday Destination" for 2025 -
Polling Survey 2025: Massive victory projected for Saint Lucia Labour Party, UWP trailing behind
Related Articles
28th of November 2025
27th of November 2025