Castries, Saint Lucia: The Ministry of Tourism, Investment, Creative Industries and Information announced the launch of “Hospitality Ambassador Program” as Saint Lucia welcomes the commencement of the new cruise season.
This initiative was created to promote the standard of the passenger experiences and better flaunt the uniqueness of the destination.
The Hospitality Ambassadors Program is a vigorous initiative which focuses on equipping individuals with the requisite skills to serve as exemplary representatives of Saint Lucia.
It will provide destination information and direction to the visitors who would travel from the cruise port to various places of their relevant interest.
A group of twenty individuals will start a thorough training program lasting for two weeks, from October 23- November 3, 2023, to kick off the initiative. The training will cover the areas of-
- Knowledge of Brand Saint Lucia
- Knowledge of Saint Lucia’s History and Culture
- Customer service
The Ambassadors will also be occupied in acclimatization visits to the main cruise ports, recreational beaches, sites and attractions in order to admire the cruise products.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Tourism of Saint Lucia, Ernest Hilaire, expressed his excitement about the program as the Hospitality Ambassador Program is a testimony to the commitment to providing an extraordinary experience to the visitors.
He ensures that the Ministry, as well-informed Ambassadors, will contribute remarkably to improve the experience of the visitors.
The newly hired Ambassadors will be settled in the strategic communities and in the high-traffic areas during this training exercise to guide and engage visitors to ensure that they will have a special and memorable experience in Saint Lucia.
Volunteers who registered in the program will serve as a representative of the tourism industry with the responsibility to ensure the positive and enjoyable experience of the visitors, which includes-
– Promoting local attractions and services
– Greeting and assisting tourists
– Providing recommendations and information
The successful candidate must possess:
- Strong knowledge of the destination’s attractions, culture, tourism and landmarks
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical and medical fitness to perform any activity required by the type of tour offered
- Familiarity with logistics and local transportation options
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to connect to visitors from a wide range of cultural backgrounds
- Approachable and friendly attitude with a passion for providing exceptional customer service
The Hospitality Ambassador is noticed to report directly to the coordinator of the Hospitality Ambassador Program.