Roseau, Dominica: Melissa Poponne Skerrit- Parliamentary Representative for Roseau Central Constituency, asked Dominicans to remain vigilant and cautious as the inclement weather conditions has been prevailing throughout the nation.
She stated that Dominica reports heavy rainfall due to this weather which created flooding and landslides in its several parts. Melissa Skerrit mentioned, “Fellow Dominicans, please be wary of the current weather conditions affecting the island. There are reports of heavy rainfall leading to flooding and landslides in various parts of the island.”
Melissa Skerrit noted,” Please be safe in your travels and remain vigilant for elderly neighbours and those who may need assistance.”
The Metrological Department of Dominica predicted that the northwestward moving trough system had maintained favourable mid to upper-level conditions. It further increases the moisture and could lead to a situation of cloudiness across the nation. The situation could also spike the moderate showers and possible thunderstorms over most of the Lesser Antilles, including Dominica, within the next 24 hours.
The residents who reside prone to flooding, landslides, and falling rocks are advised to be on alert. However, there are chances for improvement in the conditions of tomorrow.
Further, for 24 to 48 hours, slight to moderate sears are predicted for the country as the peak of the wave to 5.0ft along the eastern coast.
• Synopsis: Unstable conditions and unfavourable weather continue to affect the country
• Forecast for Today and Tonight: Mostly cloudy with light to moderate scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.
• Wind: SE to ESE at 15 to 30 km/h with higher gust near rainfall
• Sea Conditions: Slight to moderate cloudy in open water
• Waves: 1.0 to 1.5 meters or 3.0 to 5.0 feet.
• Warning/Advisory: There will be nothing at this time
• Sunrise: 5:54 AM
• Sunset: 5:55 PM
• Low Tide: 1:26 AM and 1:25 PM
• High Tide: 7:49 AM and 6:52 PM