Bahamas ready for mass exodus of Haitians
RBDF Commodore Dr. Raymond King said that they have been doing different operations for enhancing their strategic posture and positioning in the southeastern Bahamas
12th of July 2021
The head of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force had set their ships to head towards the southeast of the country as the head of the defence forces expects a mass migration of the Haitians migrants that would be coming to the Bahamas after the death of their President last week.
RBDF Commodore Dr. Raymond King said that they have been doing different operations for enhancing their strategic posture and positioning in the southeastern Bahamas and, in particular, along the windward entrance and the waters between Great Inagua and the coast of Haiti.
RBDF Commodore Dr. Raymond King said that they have been in the process of doing, and they had already started mobilizing additional vessels, in total they might have a dedication of four surface assets in that area, as well as force’s aircraft, which would be assigned to that area to provide intelligent surveillance and reconnaissance support to their surface vessels. They really beefed up on their human intelligence aspect so they could get proactive or a preemptive idea of what’s going on in Haiti and if any mass exodus has to occur.
News of Moïse’s murder shocked the region last Wednesday.
Moïse, 53, who has been a controversial figure since being sworn in as Haiti’s President in 2017, was killed at his home, his wife, Martine Moïse, was also shot and injured during the attack and was flown out of the country to Miami for further medical treatment.
President of Haiti Jovenel Moise was assassinated by a group of unidentified people with guns. They assassinated the President by shooting him with guns at 1:00 a.m on Wednesday. The killing of President Jovenel Moise comes amid deepening political and economic stability and a spike in gang violence.
Haiti must not “lose its way” after the tragedy that Haiti had experienced in past days and left Haiti critically injured. Martine Moise, the widow of assassinated Haitian President Jovenel Moise, stated.
Haiti’s borders and its international airport were closed and martial law was declared in the aftermath of the event.
Latest
- Man injured in Belize City shooting, one detained
-
St Kitts and Nevis Government secures Frigate Bay lands for development and citizen ownership -
Saint Lucia Cruise Port to welcome thousands of tourists from February 16-22, boosting local economy -
St Kitts and Nevis to commission Basseterre Desalination Plant on February 24 -
West Indies Women to host Sri Lanka in Six-Match Series in Grenada
Related Articles
18th of February 2026
17th of February 2026
16th of February 2026
16th of February 2026
15th of February 2026
14th of February 2026