The officials of the South Division Task Force of Trinidad and Tobago apprehended three suspects and seized firearms, ammunition, camouflage and illegal narcotics during the crime eradication exercise conducted by the authorities.
The officials conducted an intelligence-led exercise in the Princes Town Police district between 7:00 pm and 11:30 pm.
In the Prince Town area, many drug blocks were targeted and searched by the officials.
For the same, three suspects were apprehended, including:
– A 39-year-old labourer of Indian Walk Moruga Road was charged by PC Boodram for the offence of wearing camouflage clothing.
– A 33-year-old labourer of King Street, Princes Town and Punnette Avenue, Pinto Road, Arima, was charged by PC Gervais for the offence of possession of Firearms and ammunition.
– A 21-year-old labourer of Lere Branch Road Princes Town was charged by PC Geravis for the offence of possession of firearms and ammunition.
The crime eradication exercise was conducted by Senior Superintendent Hospedales, ASP Phillip, Inspector Ramlogan, Sgts Joseh Mason and directly supervised by Cpl Phoolchan and the other officers included in the Southern Division Task Force.
The investigations are ongoing into the matter.
Moreover, the last time the officials of the South Division Task Force conducted a crime eradication exercise, they apprehended three suspects and seized quantities of illegal narcotics.
On 21st November 2023, the officers conducted an exercise between 8:00 pm and 12:00 midnight across the division. This exercise resulted in one man being arrested for the offence of:
– Possession of 67 grams of marijuana.
Another man was apprehended for Possession of Cocaine for the purpose of trafficking 11.7 grams.
Meanwhile, the third suspect was apprehended with the offence of:
– Obstructing a Police officer
The exercise was coordinated by Senior Superintendent Hospedales, ASP Phillip and Inspector Ramlogan. The matter was supervised by Sgt Joseph and Sgt Mason and was directly supervised by W/Cpl Plenty and the other officers of the Southern Division Task Force.
Furthermore, a crime suppression exercise was also conducted by Trinidad and Tobago’s officers, who arrested two people and recovered various things:
– Two firearms
– A quantity of ammunition
– A quantity of narcotics
– Several stolen cell phone
The men, ages 24- and 26 years old, were arrested for the Possession of 66 grammes of cannabis.