Prime Minister – Dr Timothy Harris shared the information that St Kitts and Nevis is on the verge to vaccinate 80 percent of its population.
PM Harris cited via his Facebook post, “We are getting close to a critical milestone we set ourselves, that of getting at least 80 percent of the adult population vaccinated for protection from COVID-19“.
“Stkittsandnevis are moving in the right direction. Health protection for all,” the post stated.
The COVID-19 vaccination report shared by the Prime Minister shows that till November 19, 2021, a total of 73 percent population (that counts for 24,652) of St Kitts and Nevis has received the required number of jabs of the WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines.
On the other hand, a total of 79.6 percent of its population is vaccinated atleast with one jab of the coronavirus vaccine.
The twin-island Federation, till November 19, has administered a total of 51,727 COVID-19 vaccines, out of which 12,369 doses were administered on the island of St Kitts, and 12,369 were administered on Nevis.
Citizens can call at these numbers if they have any query related to COVID-19 testing or vaccination – (869) 467-1146/1233 (St Kitts), (869) 469-5521, 2035/2051/(869) 469 -8010 (Nevis island).
The general public is being reminded that appointments are no longer required to take the COVID-19 vaccine dose.
In addition, the government, along with NEOC, granted permission to St Kitts and Nevis National Carnival Committee to welcome back live audiences to the various shows, competitions, and other events, which are scheduled as part of the celebrations for National Carnival’s 50th anniversary.
Following are the COVID -19 guidelines which will be applied at the various events of the National Carnival:
- All the participants, vendors, patrons, and anyone involved in providing services at National Carnival events must be fully vaccinated.
- In order to avoid unwanted delays at the gates, the spectators are asked to arrive early, given the added security & COVID-19 checks required upon entry.
- There will be – no ticket sales at the respective gate. Show Tickets must be purchased in advance at the (Offline) National Carnival Office or Online.
- Patrons will require to take to the events their COVID-19 vaccination card or government-issued electronic vaccination card and a valid government-issued photo ID.
- It is must for the individuals to wear their masks upon arrival & even during the whole event.
- All individuals entering the venues will be needed to have their hands sanitized.
- Patrons are expected to act responsibly & to avoid unwanted close contact where possible.