The Ministry of Youth, Development and Sports of Saint Lucia congratulated all the recipients who won Caribbean Youth Awards for their contributions to youth development.
The winners were awarded by the Caribbean Regional Youth Council and this award ceremony was held on Wednesday, 22nd November 2023, during the Caribbean Youth Summit in Jamaica.
The awards bagged by the people of Saint Lucia:
Most Outstanding National Youth Council of the Year 2023 was bagged by the Saint Lucia National Youth Council.
Sherguan Roserie won the award for the Overall Caribbean Youth of the Year.
Raejean Montoute was one of the top 10 awardees who bagged Overall Caribbean Youth of the Year.
The Student Leader of the Year (18 & under) was received by Ethan Leandre of Saint Lucia and Derlany Knight of Trinidad and Tobago. As, stated by the Caribbean Regional Youth Council, this prestigious award has been given to those students who have shown excellent leadership qualities, dedication and positive influence within their educational institution or community.
It was also mentioned by them that, this award acknowledges the significant contributions of the awardees, whether in academics, community service, extracurricular activities, or advocacy efforts.
Yaniqueca Jean-Bart William of Saint Lucia and Dayreon Mitchell of Trinidad and Tobago received the award of Chair Excellence in Leadership, respectively.
Moreover, the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment of Barbados also congratulated the winners of the Caribbean Youth Award.
The awardees from Barbados, namely:
– Dr Henry Charles Youth Mentor Award was won by Kevin Watson (Sluggy Dan)
– Overall Caribbean Youth of the Year (Top 10 awardees) includes David Johnson, Firhanna Bulbulia and Ronelle King.
– Most Improved National Youth Council was won by the Barbados Youth Development Council and the National Youth Council of Jamaica.
– Let’s Unpack It was declared as the Champion Youth Organization of the Year. This award was also shared by Woman Up of Jamaica, Youth Emergency Action Committee of Dominica, Foundation Young Help and Charlotteville Police Youth Club of Trinidad and Tobago.
Furthermore, the award of the Student of the Year (19-35) was bagged by:
– Deshawn Cooke from Jamaica
– Tavoy Barrett from Jamaica
– Esquire Henry from Antigua and Barbuda.
Caribbean Regional Youth Council stated this award of Student Leader of the Year is an acknowledgement to the ones who has created a positive change and served as a role model for their peers, making them a shining example of student leadership.