Castries, Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia is all set to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Energy Awareness Month in November under the theme, “Get Involved! Renewable, Resilient and Affordable Clean Energy for the Future.”
The event will be celebrated for a month and aims to raise awareness regarding the importance of Conservation. The focus will be on certain things, which are as follows,
- Raise awareness regarding the importance of renewable energy, sustainable practices, and energy conservation among businesses, educational institutions and citizens.
- Enrich collaboration between government agencies, energy experts and private sectors to create an authorised environment for sustainable energy initiatives.
- Strengthen the consumers with the tools and knowledge to make informed decisions about energy consumption and embrace energy-efficient services and products.
- Foster the adoption of energy-efficient technologies and practices to reduce carbon emissions and save money.
The activities of the month will come into force with the launch of the Private Sector Energy Fair, which will be held at William Peter Boulevard and Constitutional Park.
The timing will be fixed to 9:00 am – 3:30 pm on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
The event will showcase other activities, such as
- School tours by the Project Implementation Unit of the Renewable Energy Sector Development Project to sharpen the students’ knowledge towards the geothermal exploratory drilling process.
- Energy efficient Workshop at the Soufriere Fisheries Complex on November 2, 2023.
- Other activities will be held by the key stakeholders such as the National Utilities Regulatory Commission, The OECS Commission and the Department of Sustainable Development.
- No Iron Day or Chiffon Nen Day will be organized on November 15, where Saint Lucians are given an opportunity to put down their wear clothing and irons that do not require ironing to nurture energy conservation and efficiency.
The event will bring various opportunities for the people of Saint Lucia and will continue to be celebrated for many days in November.
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Transport motivates all the people of Saint Lucia to take part in the activities planned for the month and attend the Private Sector Fair.