Antigua and Barbuda: The administration of the Republic Of Brazil is offering scholarships to students from Antigua and Barbuda who wishes to pursue their undergraduate degrees in Brazil for the year 2023.
The scholarship program “PEC-G” gives a chance the applicants to chase their studies in a wide range of courses offered by designated tertiary educational institutes throughout Brazil. All courses offered are free of cost, but students would have to manage their own living expenses during their stay in Brazil.
The applications for the scholarship program are open; however, its last date is 5th August 2022.
Only those students can apply for the scholarship PEC-G who are from the countries which have an agreement with Brazil in the sector of education, culture or science and technology. Applicants must have completed or be currently enrolled in the last year of the equivalent to high school in a country other than Brazil, or they should not be Brazilian citizens and should not be holders of dual nationality or holders of any type of visa to Brazil.
Those who are interested shall contact an Embassy or Consulate of Brazil, where they will be able to apply to the program selection process. It is crucial for the applicants to gather preliminary information about the participating Brazilian Higher Education Institutions and courses currently offered. At the time of application, applicants must indicate one or two courses and up to two Brazilian cities where they would like to study. The fee of application is free of cost and must be submitted only at an Embassy or Consulate of Brazil, without the help of intermediaries.
- There are some requirements for the applicants that they must be considered that are:
They must be a citizen or resident in a PEC-G participating country. Moreover, students must be at least 18 years of age and must not preferably be older than 23 years of age.
Students must have completed their high school education or secondary education from a country rather than Brazil with an average grade in all subjects equal to or more than 60%; in addition to it, the final average grade in the nation’s official language must be at least 60%
- Those students who have not completed their high school by the time of the application period are qualified for application, and they must present their completion of secondary school certificate at the time of registration in the Brazilian Higher Education institution in case they are selected.
- They must contain proof of expertise in Portuguese as a Foreign Language-Celpe-Bras.
Candidates from nations where the Celpe-Bras exam is not available must take the examination in Brazil, having a single opportunity soon after the accomplishment of a course of Portuguese as a foreign language in an accredited Brazilian Higher Education Institution in preparation for the exam.
- Those who will fail the exams will terminate the student’s participation in the program, with no chance to appeal, hence making the student’s instant return to their country of origin.
- Although PEC-G does not offer a scholarship for living costs, applicants would have to indicate documents that possess sufficient funds for their expenses, and they must have a sponsor who will support them financially even though the program is free of all academic charges.
- Students must return to their origin after graduation. Academic documents of students who graduate from PEC-G will only be delivered at the Brazilian diplomatic representation where they registered for the Programme.
- Commit to returning to their country of origin after graduation. Academic documents of students who graduate from PEC-G will only be delivered at the Brazilian diplomatic representation where they registered for the Programme.