Napolean Hill, an American self-help author, is still one of the renowned writers in the world. The writings of Hill in its self-help books have inspired many people.
One of the writing pieces, ‘Think and Grow Rich (1937)’, is among all-time best-selling self-help books.
Following are some of the motivational quotations written by Napolean Hill:
- The starting point of all achievement is – DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a – small amount of heat.
- Whatever the mind can conceive & believe, it can achieve.
- You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct & control your environment. You can make your life – what you want it to be.
- If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
- Do not wait: the time will never be ‘just right. Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
- Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do. More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them.
- Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
- A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.
- Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.
- A quitter never wins-and-a the winner never quits.
- A goal is a dream with a deadline.
- Opinions are the cheapest commodities on earth. Everyone has a flock of opinions ready to be wished upon anyone who will accept them. If you are influenced by “opinions” when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking.
- I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism by developing a love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.
- To win the big stakes in this changing world, you must catch the spirit of the great pioneers of the past, whose dreams have given to civilization all that it has of value, the spirit that serves as the life-blood of our own country – your opportunity and mine, to develop and market our talents.
- Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.
- If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it.
- There is a difference between WISHING for a thing and being READY to receive it. No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be BELIEF, not mere hope or wish. Open-mindedness is essential for belief.
- Put your foot upon the neck of the fear of criticism by reaching a decision not to worry about what other people think, do, or say.
- Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the ‘other self” is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror.
- Helen Keller became deaf, dumb, and blind shortly after birth. Despite her greatest misfortune, she has written her name indelibly in the pages of the history of the great. Her entire life has served as evidence that no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality.