Caribbean: The Field Support Services Project – Caribbean (FSSP-C) is pleased to announce its Call for Proposals for the Local Engagement and Action Fund (LEAF) for Dominica, Grenada, Saint Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.
The LEAF is the local development grant mechanism under the FSSP-C, which is funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The main objective of the LEAF is to strengthen the support provided to organisations working in vulnerable sectors by improving access to financial resources to enhance their mandate. The application deadline is October 10, 2023, at 11:59 pm (EST), according to the update by Local Engagement and Action Fund – LEAF.
The themes for this call for proposals are:
• Youth Engagement: Disadvantaged Youth (aged 13-29) – Initiatives that work with disadvantaged youth to address:
• Crime prevention: for example, offering at-risk youth constructive alternatives and opportunities, fostering healthy lifestyles, and encouraging positive engagement to protect them from potential involvement in violent activities;
• Education and student retention: for example, stay-in-school programs; Vocational education
Possible interventions encompass a range of support that cater to disadvantaged youth, encouraging various positive outcomes. These may include promoting civic participation, volunteerism, and service initiatives, fostering leadership development, backing youth-led organisations, and establishing safe spaces for after-school activities, encompassing sports, arts, and tutoring. These interventions could also include involving disadvantaged youth in decision-making processes, promoting economic empowerment, enhancing employability, livelihoods, and entrepreneurship, as well as offering life skills training, apprenticeship and mentorship.
• Youth Innovation – Initiatives that empower and promote youth innovation, harness the creativity, energy and talents of young individuals to drive positive change and contribute to sustainable development. This could include initiatives focusing on Youth entrepreneurship, digital and technological literacy, digital innovation, mentorship and apprenticeship in emerging industries.
For more information, you can download the following documents using this link – https://drive.google.com//18XQNTt5UisJJIgL63z8bQ8soh.
1. Call for a proposal document which provides all the necessary information
2. Application Form – Short-term Grant
3. Application Form – Long-term Grant
4. Budget Form
5. LEAF Application Form General Guidelines
Online Information Session
An online information session will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2023, from 10:00 am to 11:30 am (Jamaica time). An overview of the LEAF application process will be provided, and the LEAF Coordinator will answer your questions.
If someone would like to participate in the online information session, please complete this form – https://forms.gle/MYCDPd16tbscuhUN7 and will receive the meeting link. Registration for the online information session is required. Registration for the online session closes on Monday, September 25, 2023, at 5:00 pm (Jamaica time).
Applicants are encouraged to read all the documents and start completing the application form before the information session.