Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis: 26 gifted artists will perform live in the elimination stage of the SKELEC Power Soca Monarch competition on December 1, 2023.
These artists have submitted their music before the deadline of Friday, November 10, 2023.
Notably, ten (10) extraordinary talents will perform in the final stage of the competition. The two winners from last year’s Soca Monarch competition, namely, Mr Bagnall (Groovy) and Stadics (Power), will directly approach the Finals.
They have been given time until the day of the Eliminations to declare whether they will be participating in the final stage of the competition or not.
The Soca artists who will be performing in the elimination stage of the competition are mentioned below, along with their respective entries.
- Nikita (Nikita) – “Pick Up Something”
- Jahren Pryce (Music man Jahren) – “Breadman”
- Charvis Isaac (Luck Boss)- “Carnival Madness”
- Jervin Vanterpool (Jervin) – “Carnival Sickness”
- Junior Newton (Badman Polo) – “Speechless”
- Nickhail Rogers (Nickhail)- “Sail”
- Basil Prescott (Blade)- “Outrage”
- Bjorn Bassue (Mr Hype) – “Pot spoon”
- Kevron Mulley (Mulley Media) – “Fake Bum”
- Franklyn Percival (Tbone) – “Pirates”
- Rocco Browne (Rocco Dan) – “Sugar Mas”
- Shakier Challenger (Tuff Vybz)- “Old School Bounce”
- Javid Wilkinson (Short Dan) – “Fake Fren”
- Craig McDowell (C-Mac)- “Put Something Up”
- Learie Hobson (King Honesty) – “Bun Dem Calories”
- James Edward Ashton (Klymate) – “Real Mas”
- Shavon Lawrence (Farda Tustee) – “Mr Problem”
- Nayala Daniel (Ny) – “Whole Stage”
- Kelvin Kelly (Ras Kelley) – “Show Case”
- Kenyatta Warner and Christian Kamal Nathaniel (Issa Kamal and Easi)- “Show”
- Delroy Huggins (Delly Ranks)- “Hyper”
- Akeem Manners (Footsy)- “Loose De Thing”
- Odito Morton (Adowah)- “Sweat Out”
- Jason Kyte (KT- Dan) – “Imprint”
- Jevon Ricjards (Westside)- “Carnival Hog”
- Jason Mitchum (5-star Pino)- “2 Can Play that Game”
The competition committee expressed its gratitude to all the sponsors, supporters and participants who have made this event possible as this event celebrates the rich cultural heritage and the talents that continue to advance and define the sweet Sugar Mas.