Trinidad and Tobago: The cruise season to commence soon
Trinidad and Tobago: The cruise season to commence soon Picture Courtesy: Facebook

Trinidad and Tobago: The tourism authority of the twin-island Caribbean country of Trinidad and Tobago has announced that the nation may witness the commencement of cruise tourism later this month. According to the official website of tourism – Visit Trinidad, the first cruise will come to Trinidad on November 21, 2022, and the season will kick start in Tobago a day earlier, on November 20, 2022.

As per the tourism authority, the cruise will dock in Scarborough. After starting in November 2022, the cruise season will run until April 2023. It is expected that during these six months, Trinidad and Tobago will see the arrival of a total of 71 cruises, out of which 43 (61%) cruises will dock at the Scarborough and Charlotteville ports in Tobago, whereas the remaining 28 (39%) will dock at the Cruise Ship Complex in Port of Spain in Trinidad.

Picture Courtesy: Trinidad and Tobago Tourism’s Facebook

The tourism experts have anticipated that in the upcoming six months of the cruise season, around 126,962 passengers, along with 47,570 crew members, will reach both islands through cruises.

The tourism authority has assured that this year’s season will be more exciting as the Royal Caribbean cruise will berth in Port of Spain, Trinidad, for the iconic Trinidad and Tobago Carnival 2023. The cruise will stay for four nights, making the event more fun. In the midst of this season, the largest cruise ship – MSC Seashore, will also visit the island of Trinidad on November 30, 2022, with a capacity of 5,877 passengers and 4,540 crew members.