St Kitts and Nevis: Nevisian player Kieron Powell, Jeremyah Louis and Kittitians Terrance Warde from St Kitts are set to represent the Leeward Islands Hurricanes Squad in CG United Super 50 Cup, 2023. The CG United Super 50 Cup 2023 will be held between Tuesday, October 17 and Saturday, November 11, in Trinidad.
Their involvement in the squad is evidence of their outstanding contributions to the sport.
Schedule of the tournament:
The tournament will be opened in Trinidad on October 17, with the Semi-finals and Finals to be played at Brian Lara Cricket Academy.
Cricket West Indies (CWI) highlighted the venue and Schedule of the matches last month, which is mentioned below-
- The tournament will be followed by a new eight-team league format to decide the champions who will be competing against each other.
- The Brian Lara Cricket Academy (BLCA), the Sir Frank Worrell Cricket Grounds, Queen’s Park Oval (QPO) of the University of West Indies Sport and Physical Education Centre (UWI SPEC) at the St. Augustine Campus will be the venues where the 31 matches will take place.
- ESPN Caribbean will telecast all 13 matches at the Brian Lara Academy live, with 12 of those matches being all-day/night games.
- The top four teams in a league will qualify for the “Final Four”.
- The semi-finals will be conducted at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in November Wednesday, November 8 and Thursday, November 9.
- The finals will be hosted on November 11, Saturday at the same venue.
- The CG United Super 50 Cup Champions will lift the Sir Clive Lloyd Trophy.
The Director of Cricket West Indies- ‘Miles Bascombe’, expressed his views on this tournament.
He said, “This is a crucial stage in our planning as we look to build towards the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2027. We see the upcoming CG United Super50 Cup as the perfect platform to establish and incentivize a West Indies brand of play in the 50-over format and for the emergence of new talent. The introduction of the round-robin format will provide players with more ‘playing time’ in the middle as well as a balanced way of gauging individual and team performances. We are pleased to again have CCC and the West Indies Academy participating at the senior level as they join the other six franchise teams as we look to widen the pool of players.”
List of the CG United Super 50 2023 players:
The squad consists of a wide range of players hailing from various Caribbean nations. Each player brings special strength to their team. The lineup will make a significant impact in the upcoming matches, which will highlight the skills and talent of these cricketers in the Leeward Islands. Some of the key players who will be a part of this tournament are-
- Kofi James (Antigua)
- Jeremiah Louis (St. Kitts)
- Alzarri Joseph (Antigua)
- Daniel Doram (St. Maarten)
- Justin Greaves (Barbados)
- Keacy Carty (St. Maarten)
- Jahmar Hamilton (Anguilla)
- Hayden Walsh ( Antigua)
- Karima Gore (Antigua)
- Terrance Warde (St. Kitts) and many more.The cricketing world is waiting curiously to witness the outstanding performances these players will put on, in the tournament.