St Kitts and Nevis: The People’s Action Movement (PAM) and Concerned Citizens Movement (CCM) jointly launched Manifesto for the upcoming general elections on August 5, 2022. The theme of manifesto is “Moving Our People Forward”.
During the manifesto, the political parties made some “First 100 Days” promises with the residents and citizens of St Kitts and Nevis. There promises are:
1. We will launch the $100 million-dollar Dream Fund is designed to power Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development. This fund will inject seed money into approved business ideas of up to EC $200,000. The $100 million-dollar Dream Fund will also provide concessions plus incubation and acceleration business-type coaching to yield intergenerational wealth.
2. We will create 5,000 new jobs under our Jobs Now program over the next five years. This program will reduce unemployment by 50%. We will target manufacturing, farming, infrastructure, and the service industry to generate sustainable employment opportunities.
3. We will introduce the Housing Revolution that will see the development of 3,000 Housing Solutions distributed fairly across both islands in the next 5 years. With an average of four persons occupying a single household in St Kitts and Nevis, this housing solution will positively touch 12,000 residents.
4. We will make tertiary education more accessible through an increased number of and access to scholarships to eligible applicants.
5. We will move towards a Republic with a Head of State coming from St Kitts & Nevis to replace Queen Elizabeth II.
6. We will establish a Constituency Development Fund making money available to address community needs in a timely manner devoid of the normal bureaucracy.
7. We will build a new Hospital, improve existing facilities, and establish free healthcare through National Health Insurance.
8. We will ensure the Poverty Alleviation Program (PAP), Skills Training Empowerment Program (STEP), and the Alternative Lifestyle Pathway Program (ALPP), commonly referred to as the “PEACE Program”, help those who are most in need.
9. We will allocate $50 million to further develop the sports, entertainment, and creative industries.
10. We will retroactively correct payment oversights due to Government Auxiliary Employees. Additionally, we will develop a pension plan to ensure that all government workers qualify for post-employment financial support. We will also negotiate with private sector employers to create the same. Further, the minimum wage will be increased to improve the overall standard of living of our people.
11. We will create a three-year, duty-free holiday for public transportation owners to import vehicles powered by clean energy sources. Additionally, we will allow every citizen to import vehicles powered by clean energy sources through a duty-free holiday for eighteen months.