Trinidad & Tobago: Coronavirus outbreak opened every country’s eyes that health development is a significant measure for the growth of any Country. Roxborough community officially greeted the inauguration of Roxborough Hospital on Tuesday,5th January 2021.
Prime Minister, Hon. Keith Rowley stated that the latest medical facility would safeguard lives and provide critical healthcare services to East Tobago residents and the surrounding environment.
During the feature address, the prime minister noted that the completion of the hospital was done while the country continues to face economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Features of Roxborough Hospital:
– Elementary Health Centre Services, Wound Care, Doctor Consultation.
– Patient Estimation, Vaccine, Pharmacy Dispensing.
– Accident and Immediate Emergency Services.
– Specialty Clinical Services Outpatient Services.
– Dental Services, basic & Surgery Services.
– Imaging Services – X-Ray & Ultrasound & CT Scan.
– Allied Health Support Services & Phlebotomy, HIV testing, Point-of-Care testing, Social Welfare Services, and Hyperbaric Unit.
– Dialysis Services –Kidney/Renal Dialysis Treatment.
A Facebook user commented, “I feel so happy for the people of Tobago. Our Prime Minister, your kinsman, MP Ayanna webster Roy., Mrs. Davidson -Celestine and Mr. Ancil Dennis, and all other THA colleagues. UDECOTT and Contractors. May God Bless you all as you fulfill your mandate in the governance of the Republic of T&T.”
Another user wrote, “Well done, Mr. Keith Rowley looking after your people; this will help support the island for both the locals and for the tourists should they require any medical attention. I am accurate that the people of Tobago an overjoyed and overwhelmed to have a 2nd hospital on the island.”
Someone commented, “Thank you, Prime Minister the Honourable Dr.Keith Christopher Rowley and your hard-working government. My Tobago people be grateful, appreciative, and patient …Good things come to those who wait.”