Antigua and Barbuda: The Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, Gaston Browne, announced that the nation would see nomination on December 28, 2022 (Wednesday). The Electoral Commission of Antigua and Barbuda shared the guidelines for a safe and smooth nomination day.
As per the announcement by the Commission, the nominees should submit their respective “Nomination Paper” between 8 am to 6 pm. The nomination paper must have the full name of the candidate with the place of residence and occupation description mentioned in the Election Rules.
It furthermore stated that the names of the proposer and seconder should be mentioned on the documents which will be provided to the Returning Officer. The paper should also have the names of eight other registered electors in that constituency. The paper must have the electoral number of each person on it.
During the nomination process, the nominee must deposit $500 to the Returning Officer.
Following the nomination day, the list of the candidates, who nominated themselves, will be published in the media.
Additionally, the Electoral Commission has also announced the constituencies, which will conduct nomination on December 28. A total of 17 constituencies will host nominations.
• Villa Government School at St John’s City West
• Princess Margaret Secondary School at St John’s City East
• Mary E. Priggot Government School at St John’s City South
• Multipurpose Culture and Exhibition Center at St John’s Rural West
• Golden Grove Government School at St John’s Rural South:
• Clare Hall Secondary School at St John’s Rural East
• Cedar Grove Government School at St John’s Rural North
• Antigua State College at St Mary’s North
• Bolans Government School at St Mary’s South
• Sea View Farm Government School at All Saints West
• Irene B Williams Government School at All Saints East and St Luke
• Potters Government School at St George
• Parham Government School at St Peter
• Glanvilles Secondary School at St Philip North
• Freetown Government School at St Philip South
• Liberta Government School at St Paul
• Holy Trinity Government School at Barbuda