31 new cases discovered in St Kitts and Nevis

24-hr lockdown imposed in St Kitts and Nevis

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

According to PM Dr Timothy Harris, the new lockdown would begin from Sunday, July. Along with this, the Government of St Kitts and Nevis also imposed 24 hrs lockdown as the State of Emergency in the country had been extended.

PM Dr Timothy Harris also said that the lockdown is an important action that was a must in St Kitts, but on another side, the normal activities in Nevis would remain in working. PM Dr Timothy Harris also highlighted that for the travellers and returning citizens of the country, the borders would remain open during the 24 hr lockdown.

Prime Minister Dr Timothy Harris said that the 24-hour lockdown has restricted to St. Kitts and makes part of new definitive rules for the period June 27 to July 11 to control the community spread of COVID-19 in the area.

Attorney General Vincent Byron Jr stated the decision to have the borders open is based on the sustained success of the corridor of containment for incoming travellers placed in October 2020.

Attorney General Vincent Byron Jr said that all port authority and health workers have been fully equipped and well-trained to check the COVID-19 situation. The management at all respective ports, whether of the sea or of the airport, would direct the passengers regarding the protocols and new restrictions. The ferry moving from St Kitts to Nevis has also been functioning by keeping complete COVID-19 protocols in mind.

According to the government, the laboratories would remain open for these two weeks to keep the process in the continuity of RT-PCR testing requirements of the general public.

According to the updation of COVID-19 by the health officials, St Kitts have 313 active COVID-19 cases in St Kitts and Nevis. At the same time, no new cases have been recorded in the last 24-hours. St Kitts and Nevis had also recorded 3 deaths due to COVID-19 in the previous two weeks.