Kingston, Jamaica: Prime Minister Andrew Holness has reshuffled the Cabinet of the Jamaican government, making some significant changes. The modifications have been made on the advice of PM Holness to the Governor-General.
The sworn-in ceremony of these newly appointed ministers will take place virtually today (Tuesday, January 11, 2022).
Below is the list of new Cabinet as per the recent changes:
- Office of the Prime Minister – (to include the information Portfolio) – Prime Minister Andrew Holness, Robert Morgan – (minister without Portfolio), Floyd Green (minister without Portfolio), and Homer Davis (special projects).
- Ministry of Economic Growth & Job Creation – Prime Minister Andrew Holness, Robert Montague – (minister without Portfolio), Clifford Warmington – (minister without Portfolio), Matthew Samuda (minister without Portfolio).
- Ministry of Labour & Social security – Karl Samuda
- Ministry of the National Security – Dr Horace Chang, Zavia Mayne (state minister)
- Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries – Pearnel Charles Jr., Frank Witter (state minister)
- Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sports – Olivia Grange, Alando Terrelonge (state minister)
- Ministry of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett
- Ministry of Finance & the Public Service – Dr Nigel Clarke, Marsha Smith (state minister)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade – Kamina Johnson Smith, Leslie Campbell (state minister)
- Ministry of Health and Wellness – Dr Christopher Tufton, Juliet Cuthbert-Flynn (state minister)
- Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce – Aubyn Hill, Norman Dunn (state minister)
- Ministry of Education and Youth – Fayval Williams
- Ministry of Transport and Mining – Audley Shaw, William J.C. Hutchinson (state minister)
- Ministry of Justice – Delroy Chuck
- Ministry of Legal and Constitutional Affairs – Marlene Malahoo Forte
- Ministry of Local Government and Rural Government – Desmond McKenzie
- Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology – Daryl Vaz
- Attorney General – Derrick McKoy
In the changes, where several new appointments have been made, there are also a few ministers whose ministry have been shuffled.