St Kitts and Nevis: The Cabinet of Ministers of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis has recently announced the honorarium of ECD 2,000.00 for every frontlines worker for their services during difficult times of COVID-19. The government of St Kitts and Nevis praised the frontline workers for their essential service and for helping the citizens and residents of the federation to meet the basic needs of the people and all inbound.
Furthermore, the government has informed the departments whose staff members might qualify for the benefits of the honorarium payment.
• St Kitts and Nevis Immigration Department
• Royal St Christopher and Nevis Police Force
• St. Kitts and Nevis Defence Force
• St Kitts and Nevis Fire & Rescue Services
• St Kitts and Nevis Coast Guard
• Team of Compliance Officers
• Members of staff of the National Security and His Majesty’s Prison Ministry
• Tourism Ministry and St Kitts Tourism Authority
• SKNIS and ZBC Staff
• Ministry of Health
• Health IT Technicians
• Port Health Surveillance Officers
• Environmental Health Department
• All Community based nurses, doctors, as well as all allied staff, contributed to the COVID-19 response.
• All medical hospital-based staff, including nurses and doctors.
PM of the twin-island Federation of St Kitts and Nevis – Dr Terrance Drew, stated that the honorarium payment is a small appreciation gesture by the newly elected government for the people who gave their best during the difficult and suffering times of COVID-19 on October 17, 2022 (Monday). He also mentioned that their services were invaluable.
The Finance Ministry has completed the work necessary to facilitate the honorarium payment to the frontline workers of the COVID-19 pandemic on payday, October 21, 2022, with their regular pay. He was quoted as saying, “The objective of the honorarium is to say to those who were on the frontline, who defended us and who risked themselves, thank you. No money can ever pay for that, but at least the gesture of appreciation must be given.”