Grenada: Ministry of Education, Religious Affairs, Human Resource Development and Information, in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), continues to provide scholarship opportunities for Grenadian citizens to attain skills that are required for decent employment or entrepreneurship through the COL-Skills for Work programme COHORT #3.
The initiative enables citizens to access more than 5000+ high-quality skills development courses provided through the world’s leading e-learning platforms, such as Coursera and Udemy.
Courses will be certified upon completion. The initiative will focus on increasing citizens’ chances of employment both locally and abroad as well as encouraging entrepreneurship.
Three scholarships will be offered under the Skills for Work Programme is as follows:
• COL-Grow with Google Skills for Work
• COL-Coursera Skills for Work
• COL-Udemy Skills for Work
Therefore, the Ministry of Education has invited eligible citizens to apply for the 600 available scholarships under the COL – Skills for Work programme COHORT #3.
The ministry asked the candidates to apply soon as both time and space are limited. All interested individuals must submit their applications by May 30, 2022.
The scholarship will be granted to successful applicants. The scholarship will assist them in enrolling and completing the courses under three certification programmes – Udemy, Grow with Google and Coursera.
Eligibility Criteria/ Target Learners are as follows:
• Citizen must belong to Grenada
• Students in the final year
• Individuals who wish to gain skills to start a micro-enterprise or to secure a job
• Individuals who are employed and wish to reskill or upskill
• Individuals with disabilities with basic ICT skills (Individuals with disabilities will be prioritized for the scholarship program)
• Individuals who may have had their income reduced due to the effects of COVID-19
• No specific gender
Timeline and Number of Scholarships for 2022:
– The number of scholarships available in COHORT 3 is 600 scholarships.
– Successful candidates will have access to the respective platform from June 5, 2022, to November 30, 2022 (6 months)
Interested candidates may contact the help desk for any assistance or queries. The staff aims to provide administrative and academic support between Monday and Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.