Jamaica: Five (5) outstanding Jamaica Labour Party merit-based tertiary scholarships will be open soon to Jamaica students who have been accepted into university and are between the ages of 17 and 25.
The five Jamaica Labour Party National Scholarships this year is named in honour of past distinguished members of the Jamaica Labour Party. They are as follows:
- Professor Oswald Harding Scholarship for Law or Legal Drafting.
- Robert Lightbourne Scholarship for Urban Planning.
- Hector Wynter Scholarship Spanish (Teachers’ Colleges only).
- Derrick Smith Scholarship for Criminology.
- Christopher Bovell Scholarship for Artificial Intelligence or Digital Transformation or Data Science.
These scholarships will be provided to the individuals with a strong academic achievement record who demonstrate a concern for others, strong leadership potential, a commitment to community and country and exemplary character.
Applicants must have gained acceptance to UWI, UTECH, NCU, CMU or Teachers’ College at the time of application to study for an undergraduate degree in:
o Urban Planning
o Spanish (Teachers’ Colleges only)
o Artificial Intelligence or Digital Transformation or Data Science; or a postgraduate degree in Criminology or Legal Drafting.
Applications are now open. Interested candidates for the Jamaica Labour Party National Scholarships are invited to submit their applications via the Jamaica Labour Party Website: scholarships.jamaicalabourparty.com.