The Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN) – Saint Lucia is all set to kick off the International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) at the Soufriere Waterfront at 8:00 a.m. This will mark the start to a 5-part cleanup activity being organized by the ICC Partners network for Saint Lucia.
CYEN has stated that it is honoured to collaborate with Waterways for this cleanup and has invited anyone that is interested, to stay tuned to their social media pages for updates and join the cleanup that is nearest to them.
Schedule of the event:
All ages are welcome to join clean up initiative in Saint Lucia! The team will provide gloves, garbage bags and water for all participants.
Dates to remember:
- Saturday 30th September @ 8:00 am – Soufriere Waterfront
- Saturday 7th October – Marigot
- Saturday 14th October – Fond D-or Dennery
- Saturday 21st October – Black Bay Beach
- Saturday 28th October – $5 Beach Beausejour
ICC2023 is made possible through the kind support of their partners at Massy Stores SLU and Basel Convention Regional Centre- Caribbean, with funding provided through the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Islands.
Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN):
Caribbean Youth Environment Network is a non-profit network organization dedicated to improving the lives of the Caribbean people. It focuses its resources on strengthening young people and their communities to develop programmes to address environmental issues.
It is a community of young people working together to safeguard the environment and promote sustainable development for generations to come.
They also established a programme for improving parks and various recreational areas with the assistance of young volunteers.
Similar events conducted by the Caribbean Youth Environment Network:
CYEN focuses on the unity, strength and empowerment of Young Citizens of the Caribbean. A few of the events are listed below:
- Earth Hour 2023- candle decorating: The main purpose of this event is to promote the “Light Out for Earth Hour” campaign to raise awareness about energy conservation by using eco-friendly candles during Earth Hour for lighting needs. It means that you can conserve energy while still doing daily activities.
- GCF CSO Readiness Workshop: CYEN marked its presence in a national capacity-building workshop on “Strengthening Civil Society’s Access to Climate Finance”. It was organized by The Caribbean Natural Resources Institute (CANARI). It extended an opportunity for CYEN to learn how to access climate finance and better enable climate action.
- CYEN Executive Committee meeting with the GEF team: CYEN Executive Committee met with Mr. Giles Romulus and Ms. Stephanie Peter of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) for a potential upcoming project. The main highlights were the introductions and the discussion of pote6ntial partnerships between the agencies.